Mac OS Requirements Digi 002 with Pro
Tools LE 5.3.2
Approved Mac Operating System Mac OS 9.2.2
Version 2.5 FireWire extensions or later required
for non-English versions of OS 9.2.2
- Earlier versions of FireWire drivers will not recognize Digi 002.
- WARNING: If you are running a non-English version of OS 9.2.2, you
may need to download
the version 2.5 FireWire extensions, otherwise the Digi 002 will
not be recognized.
- Apples version numbering system of these extensions varies with different
language versions of the Mac OS. FireWire Enabler v2.7 and FireWire
Support v2.7 were Mac OS Extensions included with North American English
Mac OS 9.1.
- If you are running the North American English version of Mac OS 9.2.2,
running the Software Update Control Panel will update your extensions
to the most recent version if you do not have them:
- FireWire Enabler 2.8.5 or higher
- FireWire Support 2.8.5 or higher
- To find out which version you have of these extensions, check your
Extensions Manager, or look in your both your System Folder > Extensions
and Extensions (Disabled) folders
- Both of these extensions must be enabled in your System Folder/Extensions
folder in order to mount and use Digi 002 or FireWire drives.
Settings & Requirements
- Mac OS Base Extension set and Digi System extensions (See Pro
Tools Mac FAQ #1 for more information)
- Set default cache (in the Memory Control Panel) to "Custom,
- Set Energy Saver Control Panel to "Never"
- In the Appearance Control Panel, disable "Smooth All Fonts On
Screen" and change system font to other than "Charcoal"
- If Norton Utilities is used it must be Norton Utilities v4.0 or higher
to ensure compatibility with HFS+
- When using Digidesign Control Panel, turn off Platinum Sounds
in the Appearance Control Panel
- The "Quicksilver" G4 models require OS 9.2.2 to run Pro Tools LE
5.3.2. If you have an earlier version of OS 9.2, you should run the
Software Update Control Panel to update to Mac OS 9.2.2. Users should
not attempt to install OS 9.1, or run OSX, (including Classic mode),
with Pro Tools on these machines. The Quicksilver G4 models have been
tested with the Mac OS as shippped from Apple on these machines, with
a dual boot system which includes both OS 9.2.x and OS X. It is absolutely
necessary to boot from OS 9.2.x in order to run Pro Tools. Although
you cannot use Pro Tools with OS X or in "Classic" mode under
OS X, it is not necessary to remove OS X from these "Quicksilver"
- Additional Mac OS Notes: If your Mac did not ship with OS X pre-installed
on it, You should not install OS X on the same partition or hard drive
with Mac OS 9.x that you use as your startup drive. This can cause disk
directory damage and loss of plug-in and software authorizations. Whenever
installing Mac OS X or updating Mac OS X, you should remove any and
all key disk software and plug-in authorizations from your hard drive
before updating your OS, then re-authorize your software.
- Pro Tools currently does not utilize the second processor in dual
processor Power Mac G4 models. If problems (such as -6042 errors) occur
when using Pro Tools on a Dual Processor CPU, Digidesign recommends
the following: Download and install ApplePCI
- Apple Multiprocessor and G4 PowerBook Expansion Chassis Fix
- PCI Graphics G4 models are not supported with the Digi 002. See Apple's
tech archive on how to differentiate between AGP Graphics and PCI Graphics
G4 models at: www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n58418.
Power Macintosh version history and specifications are available at