Control Surfaces & MIDI Interfaces
With Pro Tools|24 MIX Systems with
Pro Tools 6.4.1 for Windows XP
The following devices are qualified for use with Pro Tools MIX systems with Pro Tools 6.4.1 TDM software for Windows XP:
- Fader Pack (up to 5)
- Edit Pack (serial number PT00601 or higher required)
- CM Labs MotorMix
- Mackie Designs HUI
The following control surfaces were not tested with Pro Tools 6.4.1, and
therefore are not officially supported. The Pro Tools 6.4.1 Installer CD
contains an "unsupported" folder with the following control surface personality
- JL Cooper CS-10 MIDI series
- JL Cooper MCS 3000 series MCS-Panner™
- Peavey PC-1600
These are also available for download in the Support->Downloads->MIDI
Control Surfaces section of the website.
- Digidesign D-Control and D-Control Fader Packs are only compatible with Pro Tools|HD and Pro Tools|HD Accel systems.
- Digidesign ProControl, FaderPack for ProControl and EditPack for ProControl are only compatible with TDM systems.
- D-Control and ProControl control surfaces are are not compatible with Pro Tools LE systems.
- New MIDI control surface features are provided through the latest Control Surface Personality files installed with Pro Tools
- Pro Tools 6.0 and later no longer supports and will not install the Penny & Giles MM-16 and DC-16 Control Surface Personality Files
- The built-in Digi 002 faders cannot be used to control any device other than that Digi 002.
- Only one Command|8 can be used with a Pro Tools system. Multiple Command|8 units cannot be enabled simultaneously.
- Command|8 must be the only MIDI control surface enabled within Pro Tools.
- Command|8 can be used in combination with non-MIDI control surfaces such as Control|24 with some limitations. For more information, see the Command|8 Guide.
- Asante network cards are not recommended for Pro Tools systems using Ethernet controllers such as Control|24. If an Asante network card is in your system, it can cause Ethernet controllers to go on/offline every few seconds, and you will not be able to maintain a reliable connection to the Control|24 or other Ethernet controller.
For more information on using control surfaces with Pro Tools, see the Control|24 Guide, Command|8 Guide, and the Getting Started and Pro Tools Reference guides in the Technical Document Library or your Pro Tools documentation folder.
For third-party devices such as the MoterMix, HUI, CS-10 or PC-1600, see the MIDI Control Surfaces Guide in the Technical Document Library:
MIDI Control Surfaces (Legacy Controllers)
The following MIDI Interfaces are qualified for use with Pro Tools|24 MIX systems with Pro Tools 6.4.1 software for Windows
- Emagic AMT8/MT4 (using Windows 2000 drivers)
- Roland MPU64/UM2/UM4