Pro Tools 6.2cs8 TDM Update
For the following Systems Only:
Pro Tools|HD and Pro Tools|HD Accel Systems
Using Pro Tools TDM 6.2 on Windows XP
Index of All Pro Tools
Pro Tools TDM 6.2cs8 for Windows XP
What's Fixed in Pro Tools TDM 6.2cs8?
Pro Tools TDM 6.2cs8 for Windows XP contains the following:
Fixed: C++ Runtime Error When Importing Video
- Importing OMF video and audio simultaneously could result in
C++ runtime errors.
Includes Fixes from Pro Tools TDM 6.2cs7
Pro Tools TDM 6.2cs7 corrected a problem with one of the files
in the Pro Tools TDM 6.2cs6 installer.
Includes Fixes from Pro Tools TDM 6.2cs6
Fixed: Problems when Playing Video Black Files
from Read-Only Drives Using AVoption|XL (Item #44532)
- Video playback could stop with an error message when reaching
a video black segment if playing video from a read-only or Unity
Fixed: Avid Waveform Overviews Could Cause
DigiBase Scrolling to Slow Down (Item #44624)
- Audio files created on Avid Workstations could force unnecessary
screen redraws and slow scrolling in DigiBase.
Fixed: A Large Number of Files in an Avid Video
Sequence Could Slow Session Open Times (Item #44625)
- Sessions with a high number of Avid video files on a track could
increase the amount of time a session takes to open.
Fixed: Pro Tools Appears to have Crashed when
Returning to the Foreground while Opening a Session (Item #44627)
- If a user switches to another application while Pro Tools is
opening a session, the screen would not properly redraw when returning
to Pro Tools, giving the user the impression that Pro Tools had
Fixed: "Restoring Audio Files" while
Opening a Session Takes Longer on Unity than on Local Drives (Item
- When opening a session on Unity, the "Restoring Audio Files"
portion could take twice as long than if the session was on local
Fixed: "Building Miscellaneous Views"
while Opening a Session Takes Much Longer on Unity than on Local
Drives (Item #44662)
- When opening a session on Unity, the "Building Miscellaneous
Views" portion could take much longer than if the session
were on local drives.
Fixed: After Opening a Session is Completed,
Pro Tools Would Not Respond for Several Minutes (Item #44663)
- When a session with a very large number of Avid video files
reached the end of the File Open process, Pro Tools would not
respond for several minutes. Until then, clicking in the GUI would
result in improper redraws.
Includes Fixes from Pro Tools TDM 6.2.cs5
Fixed: When Using AudioSuite Preview, Pro Tools
Could Post an Error Message, Then Crash (Item #44141)
- When previewing OMF media shared by different versions of Pro
Tools, the "Pro Tools could not reacquire the hardware" message
was sometimes followed by a crash.
Fixed: ProControl Could Become Unresponsive
- ProControl and the GUI could become partially unresponsive after
working for a period of time.
Includes Fixes from Pro Tools TDM 6.2.cs4
Fixed: Crashing when Importing Video (Item
- Pro Tools could crash while importing a video track from an
OMF sequence or another Pro Tools session.
Fixed: Inability to Delete Video Track Created
Instability (Item #44485)
- When trying to delete a video track containing a complex video
composition, the error "Could not complete your request due to
access violation" could result in subsequent errors, instability,
and freezes. Pro Tools will now recover from an access violation
Fixed: Some Situations where Pro Tools Sessions
with Avid Video Cannot be Exited or Closed (Item #44486)
- In some situations, Pro Tools sessions with Avid video could
be left in a state where the user could not exit Pro Tools or
be able to close the current session.
Fixed: Crash when Loading Video Media (Item
- An occasional crash would occur when loading video media from
a read-only volume.
Fixed: "Could Not Complete Your Request
with Mixed Offline and Online Video (Item #44488)
- The error "Could not complete your request..." could occur intermittently
with sessions containing online video mixed with offline video
while loading or playing back.
Fixed: Avid Video Showing Up Missing (Item
- When opening a session containing Avid video, sometimes the
video files would show up missing from the video track.
Fixed: "Visual C++" Errors (Item #44490)
- "Visual C++" errors could occur, or Pro Tools could display
a "Could not complete your request due to..." message instead.
Fixed: ProControl Could Go Offline when Idle
(Items #35918 and #43660)
- After a period of non-use, ProControl could go offline, and
display a "Pro Tools ran out of tokens" message, sometimes requiring
a force-quit of the application.
Includes Fixes from Pro Tools TDM 6.2.cs3
Fixed: Crash when Using ProControl Fader Flip
Mode Followed by Using the Mouse to Adjust Plug-In Parameters (Item
- A crash may result if you are using ProControl's Fader Flip
mode to adjust plug-in parameters and then use the mouse to adjust
parameters on the same plug-in.
Includes Fixes from Pro Tools TDM 6.2.cs2
Fixed: Runtime Errors when Pro Tools Searches
for Missing OMF Video Media
- When Pro Tools searches for missing OMF video media when opening
a Pro Tools session or an OMF file, a Microsoft C++ Runtime error
- Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HD Accel system with Pro Tools TDM
software version 6.2
- Pro Tools TDM 6.2 for Windows XP must already be installed
- This update also supports Pro Tools TDM 6.2 for Windows XP on
the Japanese OS
Who Should use Pro Tools TDM 6.2cs8?
This update should only be used by:
- Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HD Accel system users running Pro
Tools TDM 6.2 software on Windows XP that are experiencing any
of the issues listed above
Pro Tools TDM 6.2cs8 can only be used to update Pro Tools TDM 6.2
on Windows XP. If you are using a version of Pro Tools earlier than
6.2, you must first upgrade to Pro Tools 6.2, then install the Pro
Tools TDM 6.2cs8 update.
Important: We recommend that only the Pro Tools users specified
above use this update. Pro Tools TDM 6.2cs8 is provided as an interim
"customer support (CS)" release to address the issues
described. While our testing has not shown these changes to introduce
other problems, this version has not been fully qualified by Digidesign.
Updating Pro Tools
To update to Pro Tools 6.2cs8 on Windows XP:
Verify Pro Tools TDM 6.2 is installed on your Pro Tools|HD
or Pro Tools|HD Accel system*
Quit the Pro Tools application if it is open
Locate the Pro Tools TDM 6.2cs8 installer and launch it
Follow the onscreen instructions to install Pro Tools 6.2cs8
When installation is complete, restart your computer
*All Pro Tools|HD Accel systems include Pro Tools 6.2 for Windows
CD. All registered Pro Tools|HD for Windows customers with Pro Tools
6.1 that are also registered for AVoption|XL have been sent
Pro Tools 6.2 TDM for Windows CDs.
This installer updates the following files:
**Only updated if a prior version exists. Meridien24p.dll is a
component of AVoption|XL.
Download includes the Pro Tools 6.2cs8 Read
Me.pdf with the above instructions. Pro Tools TDM 6.2cs8 is only
available as a download.
Windows ZIP (.zip) format downloads should be "Saved
to Disk" first, rather than opened on the internet. These can be
expanded on Windows XP systems by right-clicking on the downloaded
files and choosing "Open".
If you experience download or decoding problems,
see the Download Help FAQ