Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1cs3 Update for Mac OS X
For Pro Tools|24 MIX Systems with Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1 on Mac OS X 10.3
Index of All Pro Tools CS Updates
Will not work without Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1 for Pro Tools|24 MIX systems already installed.
From the included Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1cs3 Read Me document:
Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1cs3 Update
For Pro Tools|24 MIX Systems with Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1 for Mac OS X 10.3
What's Fixed in Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1cs3?
Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1cs3 for Mac OS X contains the following:
Fixed: Launching or Creating a Session with More Than 16 Mono Bus or Output Paths May Result in a
Crash (Item #57053)
- This crash would only occur when all active bus paths were mono (no stereo paths or mono sub-paths) and a Surround Mixer
plug-in was installed.
Includes fixes from Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1cs2:
Fixed: Inconsistent Automation Playback and Audio Distortion (Item # 56215)
- Using a surround mixer in certain configurations would cause inconsistent automation playback and/or audio distortion and corrupted preferences.
Includes fixes from Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1cs1:
Fixed: When Using Pro Tools in +12 dB Fader Gain Mode, the Level on Outputs Could Be Incorrectly Increased by Up to18 dB (Item #54461)
- Creating a large session where the mixer is spread out over multiple DSPs could result in output levels increasing by up to 18 dB.
Fixed: Intermittent Pops or Incorrect Audio when Playing a Session (Item #54406)
- When playing a session, occasional pops or random audio could be heard. The problem could be exacerbated by using a high Hardware Buffer setting.
Fixed: Potential Crash when Opening Sessions Containing Assigned MIDI Inputs or Outputs (Items #52092, 54498)
- A crash occurs when opening some sessions with saved MIDI sources or destinations.
Fixed: When Importing or Browsing OMF Media That Referenced Certain SD II Files, Pro Tools Would Crash (Item #51931)
- Pro Tools 6.4.1 crashes when importing an OMF or browsing OMF media containing SDII audio with a .OMF extension.
Fixed: Problems when Relinking SD II Media Containing a .omf Extension (Item #51955)
- Pro Tools 6.4.1 fails to relink, or crashes when attempting to relink SD II audio with a .OMF extension.
Fixed: Sample-Rate Error Messages when Importing an OMF (Item #49709)
- When importing certain OMFs, Pro Tools would display the error, "Could not create a new document because: an unexpected error happened while trying to determine the file’s audio sample rate." The prior workaround was to use DigiTranslator 1.x.
Who Should use Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1cs3?
This update is recommended for all Pro Tools|24 MIX users with Pro Tools 6.4.1 TDM software on Mac OS X and contains fixes in the following areas:
Important: Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1cs3 is provided as an interim "customer support (CS)" release to address the issues described. While our testing has not shown these changes to introduce other problems, this version has not been fully qualified by Digidesign.
- Mixing or Recording
- Importing OMF sequences into Pro Tools
- Relinking files with a .omf extension
Updating Pro Tools
To update to Pro Tools 6.4.1cs3:
- Verify Pro Tools 6.4.1 is installed on your Pro Tools|24 MIX system.
- Quit the Pro Tools application if it is open.
- Locate the Pro Tools 6.4.1cs3 installer and launch it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install Pro Tools 6.4.1cs3.
- When installation is complete, restart your computer.
If you have installed previous updates, some file versions may not change. This update installs the following files:
- Surround Mixer (v6.4.1cs3)*
- Surround Dithered Mixer (v6.4.1cs3)*
- Pro Tools (v6.4.1cs1)
- DAE (v6.4.1cs1)
* Note that the standard non-dithered mixer will be installed to your plug-ins folder, and the dithered mixer will be installed to the "Plug-ins (unused)" folder. After installation, check Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins to verify you are running your chosen mixer type.
Download Instructions Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1cs3
For best results, use the latest version of Safari or Internet Explorer for Mac OS X. Other
browsers may not work properly with this download. This Pro Tools
TDM 6.4.1cs3 Update requires a Pro Tools|24 MIX hardware system with Pro Tools TDM version 6.4.1 software already installed.
Download Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1cs3 Update
For Pro Tools|24 MIX Systems
with Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1 Software Only
For Mac OS X 10.3.2 or 10.3.4 "Panther" Only
17.2 MB OS X Stuffit (.sitx) file encoded as MacBinary (.bin)
For Japanese, Korean and Chinese Simplified Operating Systems:
Index of All Pro Tools CS Updates
- If you experience download or decoding problems, see Download & Website Help
- Mac downloads require Stuffit Expander 5.1.2 or higher (included with Mac OS X)
- Download Aladdin's FREE Stuffit Expander for Mac