Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs4 Update for HD Systems on Mac OS X 10.4 ("Tiger")
For Pro Tools|HD and Pro Tools|HD Accel Systems with Pro Tools TDM 6.9.2 or 6.9.3 for Mac OS X 10.4 ("Tiger") Only
Index of All Pro Tools CS Updates
March 31, 2006
Will not work without Pro Tools TDM 6.9.2 or 6.9.3 for Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HD Accel systems on Mac OS X 10.4 ("Tiger") already installed.
Download update from Pro Tools TDM 6.4, 6.6, 6.7, 6.9, or 6.9.1 for HD systems to Pro Tools TDM 6.9.2 for HD systems on Mac OS X 10.4:
This "CS" release updates Pro Tools TDM 6.9.2 or 6.9.3. If used on Pro Tools TDM 6.9.2, it will update your version of Pro Tools to 6.9.3.
There was no previous download of Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3, which shipped with the Surround Panner for ICON D-Control systems. Support for the Surround Panner hardware was the only new feature in version 6.9.3.
Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs4 Update
For Pro Tools|HD and Pro Tools|HD Accel Systems with Pro Tools 6.9.2 or 6.9.3 on Mac OS X 10.4 ("Tiger") Only
From the included Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs4 Read Me for Mac OS X 10.4:
What's Fixed in Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs4?
Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs4 for Mac OS X 10.4 contains the following:
Fixed: Under Certain Conditions, Recorded Files Could End Up Earlier on the Timeline than Where They Were Recorded (Item #74487)
- When recording multiple tracks, files could be recorded out of sync with each other unless the Delay Compensation state had first been toggled on/off, or off/on.
Fixed: For Some Third-Party Plug-ins, Automation Enable Window Would Come Up Blank or with Incorrect Controls (Item #66747)
- This problem could occur unless all third-party plug-ins in the system had already been updated to the Pro Tools 7.0-compatible
versions. This problem did not occur in Pro Tools 6.9.2.
Fixes Included From Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3r2
Fixed: XMON Talkback, Dim and/or Cue assignment functions operate intermittently with XMON firmware version 10 (Item # 68289)
- All D-Control and D-Command users with XMON firmware version 10 need to run the XMON firmware updater included with this release. The updater is run from the D-Control or D-Command Main Unit Utility mode (see instructions below)
Fixes Included From Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs3
Fixed: ICON Talkback Levels Either Too Low Or Too High (Item #69605)
- This was a result of the XMON internal talkback mic gain range being too narrow.
Fixed: Using Audio Pull-Down May Cause Problems When Using Remote Mode (Item # 70021)
- Lock times could increase, and it was possible to have a sync error of 1 frame.
Fixes Included From Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs2
Fixed: Inconsistent Lock Times or Intermittent Locks When Syncing to Time Code (Item #65348, 68657, 53450)
- Lock times could vary from short, to very long, or no lock at all until you stopped the code and tried again. Also, record passes could result in "missed sync point" or -6085 errors, or "missed the sync point, due to time spend allocating disk space," while play passes could result in "waiting for sync" or "waiting for sync point."
Fixed: Pro Tools Could Crash When Closing the Hardware Setup Window (Item #67845)
- This could occur when opening and closing the Hardware Setup dialog when D-Control was online, and a track has focused EQ and DYN plug-ins
Fixed: When Using Long Delay Compensation, the Pro Tools Mixer Could Create a Feedback Loop in Certain Situations (Item #67728)
- With large mixers, Feedback could occur across channels with buses assigned as inputs. This did not occur when using short delay compensation or no delay compensation.
Fixed: When Using Delay Compensation, Some Mixer Paths Might Not Be Compensated Properly (Item #65626)
- This could occur in some large sessions when a single surround mixer was required to span multiple DSPs
Fixed: When Importing AAFs from Avid, Parsing Errors and Missed Translations on Some Tracks May Occur (Item #65232)
- An AAF from Media Composer Adrenaline 2.1.x, Xpress Pro 5.1.x, News Cutter Adrenaline & News Cutter XP 6.1.x may give parsing errors when imported into Pro Tools and some tracks may not translate correctly. In addition to this fix, Digidesign recommends that Avid users update to the latest version available.
Fixes Included From Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs1
Fixed: The Key Command Sequence for Fine-Tuning Automation Breakpoints Had Changed (Item #65387)
- The "fine-tune breakpoint" Command key functionality has now been restored to the pre-Pro Tools 6.9 behavior. The key command for "Write Level Constrained to Next Breakpoint" (new to 6.9) has been changed from "Command-click" to "Option-Shift-click." The key command for "Write Level Constrained to Previous Breakpoint" remains "Command-Option-click."
Fixed: When Using Serial Timecode, Pro Tools Would Sometimes Lock with an Offset When Using a Tascam DA-98 (Item #64636)
- The Tascam DA-98's servo lock bit behavior would cause Pro Tools to think the DA-98 was servo locked before it actually was. This would cause inconsistency when Pro Tools locked to serial timecode generated from a DA-98 or other devices with this same servo lock bit behavior.
Fixed: When In Remote Mode, and Controlled By An SSL Axiom, Pro Tools Would Have Difficulty Receiving a Punch-Out Command (Item #64195)
- This behavior is specific to the SSL Axiom, and would result in the record state of Pro Tools being toggled until a "stop" command
was issued by the SSL Axiom.
Fixed: With An Edit Pack Declared, Clicking On a Send in The GUI Could Cause Pro Tools to Unexpectedly Quit (Item #66821)
- This could happen more frequently after declaring an Edit Pack in the Peripherals dialog.
Fixed: CoreAudio Did Not Function Properly With Many Third-Party Applications (Item #63500)
- QuickTime, Jam, Safari, iMovie and other applications were affected.
Fixed: A ProControl Fader Could Sometimes Lose Communication with Pro Tools while Writing Automation (Item #61458)
- While writing automation, a ProControl fader could lose communication with Pro Tools, resulting in no automation written for the time the lapse occurred.
Fixed: Legacy Peripherals Attached to a 192 I/O or a 96 I/O (with Firmware Version 4.3) Would Exhibit Incorrect Gain at Their Inputs (Item #59048)
- If you have a 192 I/O or 96 I/O, and the interface firmware version is 4.3, you need to run the DigiTest firmware updater. If your 192 I/O or 96 I/O has firmware version 3.0, incorrect input gain on legacy peripherals will not occur, and you will not be able to update the firmware. This does not apply to the 96i, which does not have a legacy port.
To verify and update the firmware version:
- Launch the DigiTest application
- Click on the Firmware tab
- Make sure the peripheral information for the appropriate card slot is being displayed, and press "Rescan" if necessary
- Do one of the following:
- If the firmware version in the selected peripheral is 4.3, lower the gain on your audio monitors and press "begin update."
- If the firmware version is 3.0, you have the correct firmware and you do not need to do anything.
- If the firmware version is less than 3.0, update the firmware to version 3.0. (This is unrelated to the legacy peripheral bug.)
Who Should Use Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs4?
This update is recommended for all Pro Tools TDM 6.9.2 and Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3 for Mac OS X 10.4 users and contains fixes in the following areas:
Important: Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs4 is provided as an interim "customer support (CS)" release to address the issues described. While our testing has not shown these changes to introduce other problems, this version has not been fully qualified by Digidesign.
- Plug-in automation
- ICON XMON
- Locking to time code
- Importing AAF from Avid applications
- Delay Compensation
- Legacy peripherals only if your 192 or 96 I/O has firmware version 4.3
- Editing automation breakpoints
- MachineControl (Local and Remote Modes)
Updating Pro Tools
To update to Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs4:
- Verify Pro Tools TDM 6.9.2 or Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3 for Mac OS X 10.4 is installed on your Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HD Accel system.
- Quit the Pro Tools application if it is open.
- Locate the Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs4 installer and launch it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs4.
- When installation is complete, restart your computer.
If you have installed previous updates, some file versions may not change. This update installs the following files:
- DAE (v6.9.3cs4)
- D-Control.cfm (v6.9.3r2)
- D-Command.cfm (v6.9.3r2)
- Pro Tools 6.9.3 (v6.9.3cs3)
- Stereo Mixer (v6.9.3cs2)*
- Surround Mixer (v6.9.3cs2)*
- Stereo Dithered Mixer (v6.9.3cs2)*
- Stereo Surround Mixer (v6.9.3cs2)*
- Digidesign CoreAudio.plugin (v6.9.3cs1)
- DigiTest.app (v6.9.3cs1)
- ProControl.cfm (v6.9.3cs1)
- EditPack (v6.9.3cs1)
- DigiTest.app (v6.9.3cs1)
- D-Control.cfm (v6.9.3cs1)
- HWC.cfm (v6.9.3cs1)
- Control24 (v6.9.3cs1)
*Both versions of mixer plug-ins (non-dithered and dithered) in the "unused" folder and the active plug-ins folder will be updated with the latest cs versions of same. It is not necessary for the user to change the location of mixer plug-ins before or after installing this cs version.
If you have previously installed Pro Tools 6.9.3r2, stop here – you do not need to update your ICON firmware.
Updating ICON and XMON Firmware
To update ICON and XMON firmware:
- Disconnect or otherwise disable any monitor speakers or headphones attached to XMon.
- Launch Pro Tools.
- Choose Setups > Peripherals and click the Ethernet Controllers tab.
- Select Enable. If Enable is aleady selected, deselect it and select it again to cause Pro Tools to re-scan for Ethernet controllers.
- After the scan is finished, select the ICON controller units from the pop-up menus, in the order you want them arranged from left to right.
- When prompted to update the ICON controller (D-Control or D-Command) firmware, click "Update."
- After the ICON firmware update is complete, press the "Utility " switch on the Main Unit.
- In the Soft Keys section, press the "System" switch, then press the "XMON Downld" switch.
- Do one of the following:
Do not disconnect or turn off the XMON unit until the firmware update is complete.
- If the "Current Firmware" reads "version 10", click the Start button to initiate the XMON firmware download.
- If the "Current Firmware" reads "version 11", then the XMON firmware is already up to date and no update is necessary.
- If the "Current Firmware" reads "version 6", then the XMON firmware is up to date for that revision of XMON and no update is necessary.
- After the firmware update is complete, press the Utility swtich again to exit.
XMON Update Failure Recovery
If the XMON firmware update fails in any any way, or the XMON unit becomes unresponsive and fails to function, do the following:
- Turn off power to the XMON.
- While holding down the Mute switch on the front panel of the XMON, turn on power to the XMON. The XMON unit should now be waiting for an update.
- Follow the steps above to update the XMON firmware, checking to make sure the "Current Firmware" reads "version 11."
Download Instructions Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs4 Update
This Pro Tools
TDM 6.9.3cs4 Update requires a Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HD Accel hardware system with Pro Tools TDM 6.9.2 or 6.9.3 software already installed.
Download Pro Tools TDM 6.9.3cs4 Update
For Pro Tools|HD and Pro Tools|HD Accel Systems
with Pro Tools TDM 6.9.2 or 6.9.3 Software Only
For Mac OS X 10.4 ("Tiger") Only
(includes support for Japanese, Korean and Chinese Simplified Operating Systems)
29.9 MB Mac OS X Disk Image (.dmg)