Digidesign Compatibility Documents Page 2 — Pro Tools Software General Overview
The Digidesign Compatibility Documents contain information for currently shipping systems and software
Pro Tools Software Requirements General Overview
- All Digidesign Pro Tools hardware/software systems include Pro Tools TDM or LE software, at no additional charge
- Pro Tools software is not sold separately, except as version upgrades for existing Pro Tools hardware systems, and Pro Tools M-Powered software for M-Audio hardware
- All Pro Tools TDM & LE software requires compatible Digidesign hardware in order to work
- Pro Tools TDM & LE software will not work in "standalone" mode without Digidesign hardware
- Pro Tools M-Powered software will not work in "standalone" mode without M-Audio hardware
- Pro Tools TDM and LE software cannot be used with third-party sound cards and hardware without Digidesign hardware
The only exception to this is Pro Tools FREE software for Mac OS 8.6/OS 9 and Windows 98/Me, which works in standalone mode with the Apple Sound Manager in Mac OS 8.6/OS 9 and some Sound Manager compatible third-party hardware in Mac OS 8.6/OS 9. Pro Tools FREE for Windows 98/Me requires a sound card. See the Pro Tools FREE compatibility documents for more information.
Expanding Digidesign Hardware I/O
- Only Pro Tools TDM systems can be expanded with extra cards and audio interfaces
- Only a single Pro Tools LE hardware system can be accessed by Pro Tools LE
- While Digi 002, Digi 002 Rack, and Digi 001 Pro Tools LE systems can all be expanded using third-party A/D and D/A hardware up to 18 simultaneous I/O using the 8 ADAT light pipe connection and stereo S/PDIF connections, 2 LE systems cannot be used together on the same computer.
Please Note: Pro Tools software versions prior to Pro Tools 6.0 are not compatible with the Mac OS X operating system, or in "Classic" mode when booted in OS X. In order to use Pro Tools 5 with the Mac OS, it is necessary to boot in OS 9 on Apple computers. Choose OS 9 in your Startup Disk control panel or hold down the Option key while booting, then choose OS 9.
All features and specifications are subject to change without notice. All trademarks are the property of their respective holders. © Copyright 2004 Digidesign, a division of Avid Technology, Inc.