Digidesign Hardware Supplied with System
- Digi 001 PCI Card
- Digi 001 I/O Box
- Digi 001 Cable
Digidesign Software Compatibility
- Pro Tools LE 6.4 for Windows XP
- Pro Tools LE software will not work without Digidesign hardware
- Pro Tools LE supports the use of any single supported Pro Tools LE audio interface. Simultaneous use of multiple Pro Tools LE hardware devices is not supported.
Pro Tools LE 6.4 Information:
Included and Optional Plug-Ins:
Optional Digidesign Hardware
- PRE (No Integrated Control)
Control Surfaces & MIDI Interfaces
Optional Digidesign & Avid Storage
- DigiDrive SCSI Drives
- DigiDrive FireWire 80
- Avid MediaDrive rS80
- Avid MediaDrive rS36/320 LVD
- Avid MediaDrive rS73/320 LVD
- Avid MediaDock iS36/320 LVD Shuttle
- Avid MediaDock iS73/320 LVD Shuttle
- Avid MediaDock Dual
- Avid MediaDock Dual+
- SCSI-128 Kit (ATTO Express PCI-UL3D)
- SCSI-64 Kit (ATTO Express PCI-DC)
Optional Video Software
*Pro Tools will crash when pressing play if Avid XPress DV 4.1.1
is installed after PT. The workaround is to install Avid XPress
DV before installing Pro Tools. (Item #47816)
Apple QuickTime 6.5 or Higher Recommended
- Required only on systems using video
- AGP graphics card with 16 MB or more video RAM required for
- Available at www.apple.com/quicktime
Third-Party Video Capture Cards
- Playback within Pro Tools is only supported via the computer
monitor. Hardware Codecs are not supported. Use a third party
application and card to capture video and import the video into
Pro Tools. For the best performance use Avid CODEC DV files created
by Avid Express DV.
Digi 001 Systems Product Information
For more information, see the Pro Tools 6 documents in the Support
> Tech Support > Technical Document
Library section. Also included with new systems and Pro Tools
6 upgrade CDs.
Digi 001 Systems End of Development
Pro Tools LE 6.4 for Digi 001 Upgrades
Digi 001 owners can now upgrade to Pro Tools LE 6.4 for a special price of $35 (USD), available only on the DigiStore. This upgrade is for any Digi 001 owner that does not already have Pro Tools LE 6. This upgrade is a full installation that does not require previous installation of Pro Tools or registration. Only your hardware serial number from the back or bottom of your Digi 001 audio interface (breakout box) is required for purchase.
Caution - The following systems or systems with the following components are NOT supported:
- Computers with motherboards containing SiS (Silicon Integrated Systems) chipsets
- Hewlett Packard Pavillion line of computers
- AMD K6, K6-2 or K6-III, K7 processor based computers (newer AMD Athlon XP and AMD Athlon Thunderbird processors are supported)
- Computers with Opteron processors are known to be incompatible with Pro Tools. Initial testing indicates that a future revision of Pro Tools would be required to add support for these CPUs.
- Pentium I and Pentium II processor based computers. (Pentium III not tested or recommended)
- Computers with motherboards containing mixed chipsets from AMD plus VIA combined
- "ESS Solo-1 PCI AudioDrive" Sound, video and game controller. This device can be disabled from the "Device Manager" in the "System" Control Panel.
- SampleCell II PCI cards and SampleCell Editor are not compatible with Windows XP
- Asante Network cards are not compatible with Control 24 on Windows XP
- Pro Tools does not support RAID technology. Please do not activate this feature.
- Pro Tools will crash when pressing play if Avid XPress DV 4.1.1 is installed after PT. The workaround is to install Avid XPress DV before installing Pro Tools. (Item #47816)
- Some HP Pavilion models do not meet the minimum requirements as listed in these compatibility documents. Before purchasing these or any computer, please carefully go over these documents and the exact specifications of the computer to make certain that all of the compatibility guidelines have been met.
Supported CPU Models & Speeds
- Intel Pentium 4 or Xeon - Processors with 1.3 GHz speeds or
- AMD Athlon XP - Processors of all speeds supported
- AMD Athlon Thunderbird - Processors of all speeds supported
The AMD Athlon 64 has not been fully qualified by Digidesign, however, there have been no reported problems.
Turnkey & Audio Optimized Systems
- Windows XP Professional or Home Edition
- Service Pack 1 Required*
- Windows XP Settings & Requirements
- Pro Tools LE 6.4 can NOT be installed or used on systems running Windows 98, Me, 2000, NT, 95, or 3.1
*Digidesign has officially qualified Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Pro Tools|HD, HD Accel, Digi 002, Digi 002 Rack, and Mbox systems only. Although you may be able to use Service Pack 2 with Digi 001 and Pro Tools LE 6.4, it has not been tested and is therefore not officially qualified with Digi 001. If you do choose to install SP2, please follow our recommended steps prior to upgrading to help insure a smooth upgrade: Recommended Steps for Installing Windows XP SP2
Windows XP SP2, Microsoft DEP and PACE InterLok Drivers Update
- if you encounter unexplained blue screens, freezes or spontaneous reboots when launching Pro Tools with Windows XP Service Pack 2, please update your PACE InterLok drivers:
- The current InterLok drivers solve the described problems without having to disable Microsoft's DEP (Data Execution Prevention) feature introduced with Windows XP Service Pack 2.
Total System RAM
- 384 MB minimum
- 512 MB (or higher) highly
Additional RAM may be required for:
- High edit density sessions
- DAE buffer setting larger than the default
- Extensive use of plug-ins
- Simultaneous use of MIDI sequencers or software options such as DigiTranslator
- Additional RAM is recommended for better video playback performance
- Color monitor required
- 14" minimum, 17" or or larger recommended
- Minimum resolution of 1024 x 768
Additional Computer Requirements
- Intel chipset (with Intel Processors, use with Pentium 4 or
Xeon models requires Intel 845, Intel 850 or Intel 860 chipsets)
- Pentium 4 or Xeon systems with HyperThreading technology must
have "Intel HyperThreading" in the system BIOS disabled.
- VIA chipset (with Athlon)
- ATX motherboard
- CD-ROM drive for software install
- One available PCI Slot
- 4GB hard drive space dedicated for audio (minimum)
- For maximum performance a separate Digidesign
Qualified ATA/IDE, SCSI or Firewire Drive dedicated for audio
Maximum Performance Guidelines
To provide full 32-track, 24-bit performance on Pro Tools LE with
high edit densities and the maximum number of Plug-Ins follow these
- AMD Athlon XP or Thunderbird with pure VIA chipset
- Intel Pentium 4 or Xeon processor
- The following chipsets are recommended for best performance
with Intel P4 processors and Digi 001:
- The following chipsets have not been tested with Digi 001:
- Intel 865
- Intel 875
- Intel 9.x series
- Performance and the number of Plug-Ins will vary from PC to
PC; however, faster processor speeds produce better results
- Total System RAM: 384 MB minimum, 512 MB (or higher) highly
- File System (all drives): FAT32 or NTFS
- Also note that we have seen better performance on computers
that have less components attached and non-custom versions of
the BIOS or Windows XP
How can I tell if my PC is compatible?
Find out how much RAM and which processor, chipset, and Windows XP Service Pack you have:
Important Additional Information
Need Advice on a Computer Purchase?
Be sure to check out the Pro Tools LE Windows section of the Digidesign User Conference for computer recommendations from other Pro Tools LE users.
Disclaimer: Digidesign can not verify that the information in this forum will provide full functionality or performance. Please refer to these Compatibility Documents for Digidesign's official system requirements.