Pro Tools LE 5.3.1
|For Windows XP
Free Download for Pro Tools LE 5.1 & 5.1.1
Owners with the Following Systems:
Digi 001 Systems
ToolBox, ToolBox CD,
& ToolBox XP Systems
Audiomedia III with
Pro Tools LE Systems
Windows TDM users please see: Pro
Tools 5.3.1 for Windows Updates
New Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 Features
Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 for Windows XP adds numerous
features for Digi 001 & ToolBox/Audiomedia III based systems:
- Support for Windows XP Professional & Home Edition
- Supports up to 32-tracks of audio
- QuickTime playback via computer monitor (MOV, MPEG, AVI)
- Support for Digidesigns Control|24 control surface
- Optional support for DigiTranslator v2.0
- Enhancements to the Zoomer Tool functionality
New Pro Tools 5.3.1 Documents
- Included in the installer, and automatically installed in the
Program Files->Digidesign->Pro Tools->Release Notes &
Documentation. You will need Acrobat Reader installed on your
computer to open these documents from the Help menu in Pro Tools,
or to open them from the Release Notes & Documentation folder.
- Many of these documents are also available from the Support/Tech
Support section in the Technical
- See the Pro
Tools LE 5.3.1 Addendum (383 k) for a complete list of What's
New in Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 for Windows and important installation
- See the Pro
Tools LE 5.3.1 Win Read Me (61 k) for additional information
Compatibility Information & System Requirements
- Available from the Support/Compatibility section in the Digidesign
- The Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 installer application can only be installed
on a Windows XP operating system.
- Windows 2000, NT, Me, 98, 95, and 3.1 are not compatible with
Pro Tools LE 5.3.1.
- SampleCell II PCI cards and SampleCell Editor are not compatible
with Windows XP.
- Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 will not work with any hardware other than
the Digi 001 or the Audiomedia III card, and will not work in
"standalone" mode without the Digidesign hardware installed.
The Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 installer application does
not require a previous installation of Pro Tools on your
computer, allowing you to do a complete installation, or "clean
Updating Your Plug-Ins
In order to update your Digidesign Plug-Ins, you will need to download
the individual plug-in updaters separately from the Support/Downloads/Windows
Pro Tools 5.3.1 Updates section at archive.digidesign.com/download/winup.html
If you have any plug-ins that use key
disk authorization and you are upgrading to or doing a new installation
of the Windows XP operating system:
- Before upgrading your operating system you must remove your
previous plug-in authorizations from your hard drive and store
them temporarily on the original plug-in floppy disk. Otherwise,
you run the risk of corrupting and losing your authorizations.
- Then install Windows XP
- Then install Pro Tools LE 5.3.1
- Then install the 5.3.1 compatible plug-in updates from the link
- Then re-authorize from your key disk
- The WaveDriver for third-party applications is not included in this download
as it is no longer required to use Pro Tools LE with Digidesign
hardware. The Digidesign Windows WaveDriver version 5.3.1 is
available as a separate download from the Support/Downloads/WaveDriver
section at archive.digidesign.com/download/wave
- The Digidesign ASIO Driver for third-party applications with Digidesign hardware
on Windows XP is available as a separate download from the Support/Downloads/ASIO
section at archive.digidesign.com/download/asio
Please Print This Page, or Save to your
hard drive for reference.
1 - You need to set driver signing to
"ignore" before installing the web download. Here
are the instructions to do this, from the Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 Addendum,
available in the Technical
To disable the warning option:
- Turn on your computer.
- From the Start menu, open the Control Panels folder.
- Launch the System control panel.
- Select the Hardware tab in the System control panel.
- Click the Driver Signing button.
- Select "Ignore" Install the software anyway and don't
ask for my approval.
- Click OK twice.
- Shut down and turn off your computer.
- Proceed with physically installing your Pro Tools cards.
You can also get to the System control panel the following way:
- Go to the Start menu
- Right-click on My Computer
- Click on Properties
- Follow steps 4 through 9 above
If you fail to do the the above, during the install process it
is important not to click on the desktop or launch other applications.
At certain points during the installation clicking on the desktop
may cause the screen to turn black, preventing the installation
from finishing. To continue with the installation, use the Alt-Tab
key combination to cycle through the active applications until you
see "Hardware Installer", then let go of the keys. This
should bring you back to the Installer window.
2 - Warning: There have been changes
in the installation process since the last release of Pro Tools.
After installing your hardware and starting up your computer wait
for the Found New Hardware Wizard dialog to appear and leave it
open. Leaving the Wizard on screen, launch the Pro Tools
5.3.1 Installer Setup application. To avoid installation problems,
please read carefully and follow the installations instructions
in the Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 Addendum, available in the Technical
What's Included In This Download
- Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 for Windows XP Home Edition installer application
Your registered Pro Tools LE 5.1, 5.1.1, or
5.3.1 serial number is required to
download and install. This can be found in the following location:
Inside the front cover of your Getting
Started with Digi 001 booklet
Inside the front cover of your Getting
Started with ToolBox XP booklet
Confirmation of your online purchase of a Pro
Tools 5.1, 5.1.1, or 5.3.1 upgrade from the DigiStore
This Windows download is a 50 MB ZIPPED Windows EXE (.exe
or executable) installer application.
If you experience download or decoding problems, see the Download
Important Note: Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 Update CDs are available
worldwide from your local Digidesign Dealer. If you are not able
to download Pro Tools 5.3.1, contact your Authorized
Digidesign Dealer for information on how to obtain the Pro Tools
5.3.1 Updater CD.
Pro Tools 5.3.1 Updater CDs are not available
directly from Digidesign. These are only
available from authorized Digidesign Dealers.
5.3.1 is a free update from v5.1
or 5.1.1. If you already own version 5.1, you should
NOT purchase an upgrade to
either 5.1.1 or 5.3.1. However, if you have Pro Tools LE 5.0.1
or older, or you have an Audiomedia III card and need Pro
Tools LE software, you can purchase Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 from
the DigiStore or your local Digidesign office.
To Purchase the Pro Tools LE 5.3.1 Upgrade:
Purchase online at the DigiStore
with a MasterCard or Visa or AMEX credit card.
If your country is not listed in the DigiStore order
form, you must upgrade through the Digidesign
office or distributor where your Pro Tools system