Pro Tools 5.1.3cs11
For Pro Tools|24 & MIX Systems with USD
Index of All Pro Tools
Pro Tools 5.1.3cs11 was the last version of Pro Tools software for Pro Tools|24 and Pro Tools|24 MIX systems on Mac OS 9.
- Pro Tools|24 or Pro Tools|24 MIX hardware
- Universal Slave Driver (USD)
- Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3 Software for Mac OS 9
What's Fixed in Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3cs11?
Fixed: Random occurrence of time code lock
dropouts (Item 15614)
With previous versions of Pro Tools software and the Universal
Slave Driver, Pro Tools would occasionally drop out of time code
lock. This was due to a communication problem between Pro Tools
and the Universal Slave Driver, which is fixed by this version of
For complete details on the included fixes in Pro Tools 5.1.3cs11,
please see the PT TDM 5.1.3cs11 Read Me.pdf included with the download
and also available separately:
TDM 5.1.3cs11 Read Me.pdf
Fixes Included with Pro Tools 5.1.3cs11:
- Fixed: Random occurrence of time code lock dropouts (Item 15614)
Includes Fixes from Pro Tools 5.1.3cs10:
- Tapping Fingers After Abort when Recording Online (Locked to
Includes Fixes from Pro Tools 5.1.3cs9:
- Apple 23-inch Cinema Display Redraw Problems
Includes Fixes from Pro Tools 5.1.3cs8:
- Ascending Lock Up Time while Chasing Time Code
Includes Fixes from Pro Tools 5.1.3cs7:
- Potential Crashes when Starting Playback while Changing Parameter
Values via Control Surfaces
Includes Fixes from Pro Tools 5.1.3cs4:
- Inconsistent Lock to PAL reference when in Remote mode
Includes Fixes from Pro Tools 5.1.3cs3:
- Error messaging for dropped video frames with AVoption|XL
- 24 fps export to Media Composer/Symphony
- BWF export to Media Composer/Symphony
- OMF crossfades offset audio on import
- Export with handles
- Avid Compatibility not enforced for batch export
- Exported OMF Fade files have no name
- Import OMF with Consolidate causes system crash
Includes Fixes from Pro Tools 5.1.3cs2:
- 44.1 kHz Files Convert and Import to 48 kHz sessions
- Beat DetectiveFixes to Conform Strength and Exclude Within
- Import with Apple Events does not clear Undo Queue
- Improved import, editing and export of OMF sessions
- MachineControl correctly identifying remote machines
Who Should Use this Update?
Pro Tools 5.1.3cs11 can only be used to replace the Pro Tools 5.1.3,
5.1.3cs2, 5.1.3cs3, 5.1.3cs4, 5.1.3cs7, 5.1.3cs8, 5.1.3cs9 or 5.1.3cs10
application. If you are using an earlier version of Pro Tools, you
must first upgrade to Pro Tools 5.1.3, then install the Pro Tools
5.1.3cs11 application. Please see the Pro
Tools|24 & MIX 5.1.3 for Mac Summary in the Digidesign Compatibility
Documents of the Support section for information on the Pro Tools
5.1.3 special features and upgrade information.
This update should be used only by:
- Any Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3 user who uses a Universal Slave Driver
- Any Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3 user who uses online record (locked
- Any Pro Tools user with an Apple 23-inch Cinema Display
- Any Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3 user with Beat Detective
- Any Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3 user who uses Gallery or other sound
file libraries which import files to Pro Tools sessions using
- Any Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3 user with AVoption|XL
- Any Pro Tools 5.1.3 user with DigiTranslator 2.0
- Any Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3 user with the MachineControl option
- Any Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3 user with one of the following control
surfaces: Digidesign ProControl, Digidesign Control|24, CM Labs
MotorMix, Mackie HUI, JL Cooper CS-10, Peavey PC-1600, Penny &
Giles MM-16 and DC-16, JL Cooper MCSPanner, and others.
Requires Previous Pro Tools v5.1.3 Installation
We recommend that only the Pro Tools users specified above use this
update. Pro Tools 5.1.3cs11 is provided as an interim "customer
support (CS)" release to address the issues described. While our
testing has not shown these changes introduce other problems, this
version has not been fully qualified by Digidesign.
What's Included With This Download?
The Pro Tools 5.1.3cs11 download includes the following files:
- Pro Tools® 5.1.3 (version
- Meridien24p.dll (version 5.1.3cs3,
previously included with Pro Tools 5.1.3cs3, 5.1.3cs4, 5.1.3cs7,
5.1.3cs8, 5.1.3cs9 and 5.1.3cs10 downloads)
TDM 5.1.3cs11 Read Me.pdf (Acrobat document with complete
list of included fixes and installation instructions)
Updating Pro Tools
To use this fix, you'll need to replace your existing versions
of the Pro Tools application.
- Drag the new Pro Tools application into the Pro Tools folder
within your Digidesign folder.
- Click OK to replace the older version.
- Note that if you have changed the memory allocation assigned
to Pro Tools 5.1.3 from the default setting, you will need to
repeat the process and change the memory allocation for Pro Tools
you want to revert to the earlier version of Pro Tools, replace
the 5.1.3cs11 version with the original version of Pro Tools 5.1.3,
by dragging the original version from the Pro Tools 5.1.3 Installation
Updating Meridien24p.dll (AVoption|XL Only)
Note: If you do not have AVoption|XL, or you have AVoption|XL and
have previously installed this file
which was included with Pro Tools 5.1.3cs3, 5.1.3cs4, 5.1.3cs7,
5.1.3cs8, 5.1.3cs9 and 5.1.3cs10 downloads, then you can skip this
To obtain error messaging for video buffer underruns with AVoption|XL,
you will need to replace your existing version of the Meridien24p.dll.
To replace Meridien24p.dll:
- Drag the new Meridien24p.dll into the Video Engine folder inside
the DAE folder, which in turn is inside your System Folder.
- Click OK to replace the older version.
This Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3cs11 file requires
a Pro Tools|24 or Pro Tools|24 MIX system with Pro
Tools 5.1.3 already installed.
Download Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3cs11 for Mac OS 9
This Mac download is an 8.4 MB BinHex (.hqx) encoded file which
requires Stuffit Expander 5.1.2 or higher: Download
Aladdin's FREE Stuffit Expander for Mac or Windows