Pro Tools TDM 6.2.3b1
For Pro Tools TDM Systems with Pro Tools
February 7, 2004
Application Only, will not run without Pro Tools
TDM 6.2.3 already installed on Mac OS X 10.3.2
From the Included Pro Tools TDM 6.2.3b1 Read
Pro Tools TDM 6.2.3b1 Beta Update
(For Pro Tools|HD Systems Running Mac OS X
What's in Pro Tools TDM 6.2.3b1?
Pro Tools TDM 6.2.3b1 has removed the requirement
for Pro Tools users to have Administrator Privileges.
Please Note: Pro Tools installation and operation remains the same
as previous Pro Tools releases for Mac OS X in the following ways:
- Pro Tools 6.2.3b1 still requires an Administrator for installation.
- Pro Tools 6.2.3b1 still allows different users to save their
Pro Tools user Preferences. Separate versions of Pro Tools Preferences
will be stored in individual user's Home directories if they alter
the existing Pro Tools Preferences.
- As with previous Pro Tools releases, users still have global
Read/Write privileges on all Pro Tools related files and settings
(other than the Pro Tools user Preferences referenced above).
To learn more about the compatibility requirements and known issues
that apply to Pro Tools 6.2.3b1, please review the Pro
Tools 6.2.3 Read Me provided with that installer.
Who Should Use Pro Tools TDM 6.2.3b1?
This update should be used only by:
- Facilities with multiple Pro Tools users who would prefer not
to grant Administrator privileges to all Pro Tools users.
Updating Pro Tools
To update to Pro Tools TDM 6.2.3b1 on Mac OS X 10.3.2:
- Verify Pro Tools TDM 6.2.3 is installed on your Pro Tools|HD
- Quit the Pro Tools application if it is open.
- Locate the Pro Tools 6.2.3b1 application on the Pro Tools 6.2.3
CD , or from this download.
- Locate the Pro Tools 6.2.3 application installed on your hard
drive. The installed location is: Applications/Digidesign/Pro
Tools/Pro Tools 6.2.3
- Replace the Pro Tools 6.2.3 application with Pro Tools 6.2.3b1.
- Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HD Accel hardware
- Pro Tools TDM 6.2.3
- Mac OS X version 10.3.2
Important: We recommend that only the Pro Tools users specified
above use this update. Pro Tools 6.2.3b1 is provided as a beta release
to address the issues described. While our testing has not shown
these changes to introduce other problems, this beta version has
not been fully qualified by Digidesign.
Download Instructions Pro Tools TDM 6.2.3b1
For best results, use the latest version of Internet Explorer or
Netscape Navigator for Mac OS X. Other browsers, such as Apple's
Safari, may not work properly with this download. This Mac download
is a 15.4 MB OS X Disk Image format (.dmg) encoded as MacBinary
(.bin) file that requires Stuffit
Expander version 5.1 or higher, included with Mac OS X.
- Click on the Apple icon below to download the Pro Tools 6.2.3b1
Update to your local hard drive.
- Once the download is complete, double-click the downloaded
file to decode if it does not expand automatically. You should
then have a disk image named Pro Tools 6.2.3b1.dmg.
- Double-click on the disk image to mount it on your desktop if
it does not mount automatically
- If Stuffit Expander fails to do anything with the file and
quits immediately, that is a sign that the downloaded file extension
has been incorrectly renamed during the download. If that happens,
change the extension on the end of the file name to .dmg so that
it is recognized as an OS X disk image. Double click the file
named Pro Tools 6.2.3b1.dmg.
- You should then have a Mac OS X Disk Image named "Pro
Tools 6.2.3b1" with the application "Pro Tools 6.2.3b1"
and the Pro Tools 6.2.3b1 Read Me.pdf with the information above.
This Pro Tools TDM 6.2.3b1 Beta Update requires
a Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HD Accel system with Pro Tools TDM version
6.2.3 already installed.
Pro Tools 6.2.3b1 Update
For Pro Tools TDM Systems
with Pro Tools TDM 6.2.3 Software Only
For Mac OS X 10.3.2 "Panther"
15.4 MB OS X Disk Image format (.dmg) encoded
as MacBinary (Bin)
If you experience download or decoding problems,
see the Download Help FAQ