Smack! and Smack! LE
For Pro Tools 6.x TDM & LE Systems on Mac OS X and Windows XP
Smack! Plug-In 1.0.2cs1 (Mac) and 1.0.1cs1 (Windows)
February 24, 2005
What’s Fixed in Smack! Version 1.0.2cs1 for Mac OS X and Version 1.0.1cs1 for Windows XP?
Fixed: Smack! RTAS and TDM instantiations have linked controls (Item #57141)
- In certain configurations Smack! RTAS and TDM instances could have controls linked.
Fixed: Deleting a track with Smack! TDM blocks the user from viewing another Smack! instance. (Item #59086)
- In certain configurations deleting a Pro Tools audio track with Smack! TDM instanced will freeze the controls of other RTAS instances of the Smack! plug-in.
Who Should Use Smack! 1.0.2cs1 for Mac OS X or Smack! 10.1cs1 for Windows XP?
This update is recommended for the following Smack! users only:
- Users with Smack! RTAS and Smack! TDM plug-ins in the same session
Smack! 1.0.2cs1 for Mac OS X and Smack! 10.1cs1 for Windows XP are provided as interim "customer support (CS)" releases to address the issues described. While our testing has not shown these changes introduce other problems, these versions have not been fully qualified by Digidesign.
Includes Fixes from Smack! Plug-In Version 1.0.2 (Mac OS X Only)
Fixed: Smack! 1.0 Plug-In Expiration Removed
- Macintosh Smack! and Smack! LE plug-ins version 1.0 were inadvertently set to expire on October 9th, 2004. Smack! 1.0.2 plug-ins have no expiration date. (The Windows version of Smack! 1.0.1 was unaffected.)
Includes Fixes from Smack! Plug-In Version 1.0.1 (Windows XP Only)
Fixed: Smack! Plug-In Version 1.0.1 Control Surface Support
- The Windows XP version of Smack! 1.0 did not contain support for Digidesign ICON (D-Control) and Command|8 control surfaces. (The Mac OS X version of Smack! 1.0 was unaffected.)
Attack and Release Controls may Respond Slowly when Adjusted by Some Control Surfaces
- Smack! Attack and Release controls may respond slower than usual if adjusted with an external control surface such as Digidesign ICON (D-Control) or Command|8.
Values Entered into the Ratio Control Text Box may Produce Unexpected Results (Item #52022)
- Entering values into the Ratio text box may produce unexpected results if the value does not exactly match specific ratio settings.
(For example, entering "5" may produce an unexpected result because there is no "5" Ratio setting.) For best results, enter
the exact value or drag the Ratio control to adjust it to the desired setting.
AudioSuite Version of Smack! Does Not Support Preview of Compression (Item #53372)
- The AudioSuite version of Smack! does not play back compression when previewing, but does produce proper compression
when processing final tracks. (Changes to Input and Output levels are audible when previewing.)
- Smack! is compatible with both Windows XP and Mac OS X operating systems with Pro Tools 6.0 and higher.
- The TDM plug-in requires a Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HD Accel System.
- The RTAS and AudioSuite versions included in both Smack! and Smack! LE will work on Pro Tools LE and TDM systems with Pro Tools 6.0 and higher, including Pro Tools|24 MIX systems.
Digidesign can only assure compatibility and provide support for Digidesign-qualified hardware and software configurations. For a list of Digidesign-qualified computers, operating systems, and third-party devices, refer to the latest compatibility information on the Digidesign Compatibility Documents
Additions and Corrections to Guides
The following sections document additions and corrections to version 1.0 of the Smack! Plug-In Guide.
On page 13 of the Smack! Plug-In Guide, the second sentence under the section titled VU Meter incorrectly states that the VU
meter "is calibrated to a reference level of –18 dBFS = 0 VU."
The VU meter "is calibrated to a reference level of –14 dBFS = 0 VU."
Meter Mode Button and Clip Indicators
On page 13 of the Smack! Plug-In Guide, the section titled Meter Mode Button and Clip Indicators incorrectly states that the
In button displays "the input signal level, referenced to –18 dBFS = 0 VU," and the Out button displays "the output signal
gain, referenced to –18 dBFS = 0 VU."
- The In button displays "the input signal level, referenced to –14 dBFS = 0 VU," and the Out button displays "the output signal
level, referenced to –14 dBFS = 0 VU."
Smack! & Smack! LE Product Information
For more information on Smack! and Smack! LE, please visit the following sections of the website:
Please note that the Smack! v1.0.2 for Mac OS X and Smack! 1.0.1 for Windows XP DO NOT include the fixes in the 1.0.2cs1 and 1.0.1cs2 downloads below. The CS downloads below will replace your previous version.
For software installation and operation instructions, refer to the Smack! Plug-In Guide. For additional information about plug-ins and their operation, refer to the DigiRack Plug-Ins Guide
The Smack! plug-in require an iLok authorization, and the current iLok Drivers. The iLok drivers are installed by the Pro Tools installers.
Digidesign iLok Information:
IMPORTANT: Please download and install the latest version of the iLok Drivers for Mac & Windows in order to use your iLok USB Hardware Key authorization before installing Smack!.
Download Smack! 1.0.2cs1
For Pro Tools systems on Mac OS X
This Mac download is a 23.5 MB MacBinary (.bin) encoded Mac OS X Disk Image (.dmg)
Download Smack! 1.0.1cs1
For Pro Tools systems on Windows XP
This Windows download is a 15.2 MB Windows ZIP (.zip) file
- If you experience download or decoding problems, see Download
& Website Help
- Please see Download Help FAQ #1 for information on accounts for plug-in downloads, even if you already have another account on the website.
- Mac downloads require Stuffit Expander 5.1.2 or higher (included with
Mac OS X)
Aladdin's FREE Stuffit Expander for Mac
- Windows ZIP (.zip) format downloads should be "Saved to Disk" first,
rather than opened on the internet. These can be expanded on Windows
XP systems by right-clicking on the downloaded files and choosing "Open".
Digidesign Downloads | Digidesign
Customer Service | Digidesign Technical Support