Digidesign Hardware Supplied with System
- Digi 001 PCI Card
- Digi 001 I/O Box
- Digi 001 Cable
Digidesign Software Compatibility
- Pro Tools LE 6.1.2 for Mac OS X 10.2
Included and Optional Plug-Ins:
Optional Digidesign Hardware
- MIDI I/O
- PRE (No Integrated Control)
Control Surfaces & MIDI Interfaces
Optional Digidesign & Avid Storage
- DigiDrive SCSI Drives
- DigiDrive FireWire 80
- Avid MediaDrive rS80
- Avid MediaDrive rS36/320 LVD
- Avid MediaDrive rS73/320 LVD
- Avid MediaDock iS36/320 LVD Shuttle
- Avid MediaDock iS73/320 LVD Shuttle
- Avid MediaDock Dual
- Avid MediaDock Dual+
- SCSI-128 Kit (ATTO Express PCI-UL3D)
- SCSI-64 Kit (ATTO Express PCI-DC)
Optional Video Software
- Canopus ADVC-100 DV Transcoder
Digi 001 Product Information
For more information, see the Pro Tools 6 documents in the Support
> Tech Support > Technical Document
Library section. Also included with new systems and Pro Tools
6 upgrade CDs.
Digi 001 Systems End of Development
Pro Tools LE 6.4 for Digi 001 Upgrades
Digi 001 owners can now upgrade to Pro Tools LE 6.4 for Mac OS 10.3 "Panther" for a special price of $35 (USD), available only on the DigiStore. This upgrade is for any Digi 001 owner that does not already have Pro Tools LE 6. This upgrade is a full installation that does not require previous installation of Pro Tools or registration. Only your hardware serial number from the back or bottom of your Digi 001 audio interface (breakout box) is required for purchase.
If you need to use Pro Tools LE on Mac OS 10.3 "Jaguar", and you do not already have Pro Tools LE 6.0 or 6.1, you will need to first purchase the Pro Tools LE 6.4 Upgrade for Digi 001 owners on the DigiStore, then request the Pro Tools LE 6.1.2 CD for Jaguar from Digidesign Customer Service.
Supported CPU Models, Speeds & Requirements
PCI vs. AGP Graphics Support
Pro Tools 6 systems for OS X are not supported with the older Blue
& White G3s or the PCI Graphics G4s, only the AGP graphics models.
Dual Processor Support
Pro Tools 6 for Mac OS X is fully compatible with Apple dual processor
models. There is no need to install any additional software. Dual
processor users will experience increased performance over single
Power Mac G5 Compatibility
Mac OS 10.2.6 or 10.2.8 "Jaguar" Required for Pro Tools
Pro Tools LE 6.1.2 is the last version that will install or run on Mac OS 10.2 "Jaguar". Mac OS 10.3 "Panther" requires Pro Tools LE 6.4:
Digi 001 cannot be used on Mac OS 10.4 "Tiger".
Total System RAM
- 384 MB minimum, 512 or higher recommended
- More RAM increases overall system and Pro Tools performance
- 512 MB RAM or higher suggested for sessions with high edit density,
extensive use of plug-ins, or simultaneous use with MIDI sequencers
- DigiTranslator 2.0 will also require additional RAM
- OS X does not require minimum or preferred RAM settings for
Pro Tools as RAM is dynamically allocated
Note: In Pro Tools 6.0.x, the maximum allowable RAM was 1.5 GB.
MDD G4 models with 2.0 GB would cause a "NeoAccess Error"
and Pro Tools would not boot unless some RAM was removed. This
issue is solved in Pro Tools 6.1 and higher. Answerbase
Additional Computer Requirements
Note: Digi 001 requires a PCI slot. Apple computers that do not contain PCI slots, such as the G4 Cube and iMac, will not work with the Digi 001.
- Color monitor required
- 14" minimum, 17" or or larger recommended
- Minimum resolution of 1024 x 768
- Apple QuickTime 6.0.2 or higher
- Included with Mac OS
Storage (Audio Drive) Requirements