Pro Tools 5.3.3
|For Pro Tools|HD Systems
on Windows XP
Free Download for Pro Tools 5.3.1 Owners
with Pro Tools|HD Systems Only
Windows Pro Tools|24, Pro Tools|24 MIX, Digi 001 & ToolBox/Audiomedia
III Pro Tools LE users please see: Pro
Tools 5.3.1 for Windows Updates
New Pro Tools 5.3.3 Features for Pro Tools|HD
Integrated Control of PRE
- Full remote control via the Pro Tools software interface and
Digidesign control surfaces, allowing for the highest fidelity
by keeping low-level signals close to the source
Multi-DSP 48-bit Mixer
Increased SYNC I/O Options, Including:
- 1% and 4% pull up/pull down at all supported sample rates for
import from PAL video to 24P video
- Auto ID of the SYNC I/O for increased ease of configuration
- Loop Sync
- PAL/NTSC video sync switch in software
- Reduced jitter options for chasing LTC
New Pro Tools 5.3.3 Documents
- Included in the installer, and automatically installed in the
Program Files->Digidesign->Pro Tools->Release Notes &
Documentation. You will need Acrobat Reader installed on your
computer to open these documents from the Help menu in Pro Tools,
or to open them from the Release Notes & Documentation folder.
- Many of these documents are also available from the Support/Tech
Support section in the Technical
- See the Pro
Tools TDM 5.3.3 Addendum for Windows TDM systems for a complete
list of What's New in Pro Tools 5.1.3 & 5.3.3 for Windows
to read .pdf docs:
Compatibility Information & System Requirements
- Available from the Support/Compatibility section in the Digidesign
- This Pro Tools 5.3.3 installer application is qualified to be
installed on Windows XP operating systems
- Windows NT, Me, 98, 95, and 3.1 are not compatible with Pro
Tools 5.3.3 with Pro Tools|HD systems
- The Pro Tools 5.3.3 installer application does not require a
previous installation of Pro Tools on your computer, allowing
you to do a complete installation, or "clean install"
Updating Your Plug-Ins
In order to update your Digidesign Plug-Ins, you will need to download
the individual plug-in updaters separately from the Support >
Downloads > Pro Tools|HD Windows Systems update section at www.digidesign.com/download/hdwin.html
If you have any plug-ins that use key
disk authorization and you are upgrading to or doing a new installation
of your Windows operating system:
- Before upgrading your operating system you must remove your
previous plug-in authorizations from your hard drive and store
them temporarily on the original plug-in floppy disk. Otherwise,
you run the risk of corrupting and losing your authorizations.
- Then install your Windows operating system
- Then install Pro Tools 5.3.3
- Then install the 5.3.3 compatible plug-in updates from the link
- Then re-authorize from your key disk
If you are not updating your Windows OS, this not necessary.
Please Print This Page, or Save to your
hard drive for reference.
1 You need to set driver signing
to "ignore" before installing the web download.
Here are the instructions to do this, from the Pro Tools TDM 5.3.3
Windows Addendum, available in the Technical
To disable the warning option:
- Turn on your computer.
- From the Start menu, open the Control Panels folder.
- Launch the System control panel.
- Select the Hardware tab in the System control panel.
- Click the Driver Signing button.
- Select "Ignore" Install the software anyway and don't
ask for my approval.
- Click OK twice.
- Shut down and turn off your computer.
- Proceed with physically installing your Pro Tools cards.
You can also get to the System control panel the following way:
- Go to the Start menu
- Right-click on My Computer
- Click on Properties
- Follow steps 4 through 9 above
If you fail to do the the above, during the install process it
is important not to click on the desktop or launch other applications.
At certain points during the installation clicking on the desktop
may cause the screen to turn black, preventing the installation
from finishing. To continue with the installation, use the Alt-Tab
key combination to cycle through the active applications until you
see "Hardware Installer", then let go of the keys. This
should bring you back to the Installer window.
2 After installing your
hardware and starting up your computer wait
for the Found New Hardware Wizard dialog to appear and leave it
open. Leaving the Wizard on screen, launch the Pro Tools
5.3.3 Installer Setup application. To avoid installation problems,
please read carefully and follow the installations instructions
in the Pro Tools TDM 5.3.3 Windows Addendum, available in the Technical
What's Included In This Download
- Pro Tools 5.3.3 installer application for Pro Tools|HD systems
on Windows XP
Your registered Pro Tools|HD 5.3 serial number
is required to download and install.
This can be found in the following location:
- Inside the front cover of your Getting
Started with HD Guide
This Windows download is a 70.8 MB Windows ZIP (.zip)
encoded executable (.exe) installer application.
If you experience download or decoding problems, see the Download
Important Note: Pro Tools 5.3.3 CDs for Pro Tools|HD Windows
XP systems will be available worldwide
in October to your local Digidesign dealer. If you are not able
to download Pro Tools 5.3.3, contact your Authorized
Digidesign Dealer in October for information on how to obtain
your Pro Tools 5.3.3 CD.
Pro Tools 5.3.3 is a free update
from Pro Tools 5.3.1 for all Pro Tools|HD for Windows XP owners
and is not available for purchase
from the DigiStore or Digidesign Customer Service.